Friday, February 20, 2009

Ummm, yeah, so I'm, uh, really making progress now.

Okay, maybe not so much. It's been a long time since my last post. Too long, I know. What can I say? The holidays happened and then I became insanely busy and stressed and I just haven't done a thing. Story of my life really. Seriously. It seems that every time I think I'm getting on track with say exercising, healthy eating, building up my savings, keeping my apartment clean, etc. life happens and I get completely derailed! I may go to the gym for three weeks straight and then I will go on vacation, get sick, have a paper to write...you get the picture...and my routine goes right out the window. It is so frustrating. It isn't as though I'm setting unrealistic goals here, so there must be something about me that is just too random and undisciplined to keep life from devolving into chaos.

So as far as status updates go...well, I've managed to gain back six of the ten pounds l lost on the Accidental Diet. Only four came over the holidays, which wasn't bad really. The other two have come in the last week during which I've been eating Hot Cheetos like there's no tomorrow. Seriously, when the Apocalypse comes I expect to be hunkered down with a crate of Hot Cheetos and a few cases of Wild Turkey, but I digress... the point is that's me--Stress Eater. Depression kills my appetite, but stress? Bring on the Ben and Jerry's!

At least I made some great progress on the apartment in early January. Sadly, that has been stalled for about six weeks now while work, school, etc. have been kicking my ass. At least I'm getting close though.

My goal for now? Structure my life better and stick to a routine. Step 1: Update this blog with my progress next week!

2 comments:

Kate, Dating in LA said...

This is going to sound crazy, but I only seem to be able to be consistently productive if I have an actual to do list. I can't just have it in my head. I need an actual list. Something about my personality loves crossing things off a list. When I just have a basic concept of what I need to do, nothing gets done.

Penelope said...

To do lists are essential for me. My memory is shot and I can't remember anything if it isn't on the list. So maybe I need to add things like "go to gym" and "blog" to my to do list? Could work. Can I also have a to NOT do list? You know like:
"do not eat large bag of hot cheetos"
"do not blow off gym to skulk"
"do not spend $100 at the wine house"
May be worth a try!